We’re excited to announce that Planscope has been acquired by software developer and entrepreneur, Josiah Johnson. Having been a freelancer and consultant in the past, and as a long-time developer, Josiah is excited to further grow Planscope.
After graduating from Cornell University, Josiah went on to take several leadership roles in software development, including technical lead for iXL (now Razorfish) and co-founder of an independent consultancy firm in New York. He then became director of engineering at PayLock before taking the helm there as CEO.
Now, Josiah looks forward to taking Planscope into its next chapter as CEO, while staying true to Brennan Dunn’s original vision for the product.
Here are some of the great things about Planscope that won’t change:
- Core features. Josiah realizes that, especially from a freelancer’s point of view, time is money. Expect to see the same time-budget features that help show clients and managers just where their money is going (with maybe a few improvements along the way).
- Transparency. Planscope makes it easy for clients and contractors to work side-by-side and to communicate about what matters most, and that’s one big reason Josiah was attracted to it.
- Easy collaboration. Some clients want a lot of involvement in their project, while others want little or none. Planscope caters to all types, and that’s not going to change.
- Pricing. For the time being, nothing will change in billing for existing customers.
Of course, there’s always room for improvement. Here are some things that are going to get even better in the near term:
- Support. Whether you’re a beginner or have been using the platform since its early days, Planscope customers can expect to have answers to their questions and solutions to their problems faster than before.
- Bye bye, Bugs. Josiah has been going through support requests to identify and fix all outstanding show-stopper bugs. If you find one, though, please do report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Usability Fixes. There have been a number of complaints and suggestions for how Planscope can make its users more productive (or, in some cases, less unproductive). Those will be next on the priority list.
- Better onboarding and in-app help. Support for new customers and smoother free trial and signup processes make Planscope adoption as fast and easy as possible.
Send us Your Feedback
If you’re a current Planscope user with questions about the future of the platform, we’re more than happy to answer any questions and receive any suggestions here: email@example.com
Thinking about using Planscope as your project management solution? Sign up for your free trial today.
Planscope’s sale was brokered by FE International. Please direct all transaction inquiries to the FE International team (firstname.lastname@example.org).